Monday, May 11, 2009

Link between violence and games: A reality or a halucination?

I was alerted to this news article through a post in GamePolitics.com and needless to say all comments made to the post ridicule the content of this article. As with the respondents, I too disagree with Henley. Competitions is an element found in all MMOG and fights and violence are most popular themes. They are there in GE as in WOW too and in my research, I look forward to find out to what extent exposure to such game content lead to inclination and tolerance of violence among players in real life. Is violence what they read from playing? I feel much of what had happened in the past that lead to public support to what the Bush administration did under the slogan "War against terror" that resulted in what we regretted happen in Guantánamo Bay and Abu Ghraib has their roots in the manipulation of mass media. If you have control over the media, you have the control of public opinion. What written and filmed about Henry Ford is a good example how a man of high morale was made to look like a scum. I see that it is just a convenient to use what has happened as an attack on games. Anyway, this is a departure from my research interest and so I would not want to deliberate further on this.

I leave here a video, used by Henley to support her claim which I thought was hilarious and very funny. *To Henly: Oh yes, that was my reaction. Nothing to be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment