Monday, April 20, 2009

Research design

I finally finish my Final Research Proposal paper for Steve's class. The last section that touches on research design really forces me to confront what methodology I would like to consider for my study. I am glad that this assignment comes very early in my study because I see it is important to set the path clear from the very beginning. What comes ahead now look very clear and comprehensible and I really can't wait till next Jan 2010 to collect my data. : )

I know more now about grounded theory and methods I can adopt for my study. I feel I am confident enough to defend orally my choice of methodology and methods. This assignment has also made me relook at my subjectivity. I realise that I have not include some aspects. Steve is right. Subejctivity is not a "once and for all" exercie but more like discovering bit and pieces, one at a time, and picking them up as you move along your study. Good reflecting exercise indeed.

Anyway, I bump into a useful guide on APA5 formatting. If you like to take a peek at it, it is here.
What's next? Dr M's final assignment and I have only a week to complete it! How I wish I have more time. : /

No comments:

Post a Comment