Sunday, April 5, 2009

Understanding superstitions in MMOGs paper completed

Phew! I have just completed my "Understanding superstitions in MMOGs" paper for Dr M's class about five minutes ago. 17 pages in all. It took me 9 days to finish writing it! I am pretty much breathless now. Let me catch my breath first. huh..huh..huh..*panting* : )

This paper was meant to support certain conjectures I make about MMOG in my Chapter 1 but the analysis and findings portion took it to a different path. I did not anticipate this but I guess that what happen when you do research, I mean you have to expect that you research may not turn out what you though it would. Any case all is not lost. This experience is a good reflective exercise for me to look deeper into my research site. There are links to my research topic which I need to uncover.

My next paper for Dr M's class is a follow up paper to this where I will provide more evidences to support my findings and suggest how superstition in MMOG can be redefined. I have identified two forum threads and will analysis the discussions there. I will be focusing on the interplay between individual cognition and community cognition. I have written a nice abstract for that. I look forward to the critique session with Dr M this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment