Thursday, April 30, 2009

Starting my literature review

I got to be honest. I can't take my mind off my research. The momentum has started and cannot stop. But I won't be doing any writing though. I'll continue my methodology chapter next week. For now, I'll start with my literature review. Dr V. Chen had a lecture with ETD about how to do literature review. We are still editing video-recording of his lecture. I'll provide you the URL link once it is ready. If you have not attend his class, his ppt can be downloaded here . Dr Chen told me that next intake for his class will be next Jan 09.

First few steps in literature review, according to him, is to identify key concepts. Next is to list down as many synonyms as possible. He said that when browsing through database, work with one word at a time. I am going to work with google scholar and for a start, I will collect references for a keyword "fiction" in mmog - "fiction + mmog or mmorpg". I hope to see what other keywords can I draw from the references.

No comments:

Post a Comment