Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life is short

This is a welcome distraction from my research work. I received an email yesterday about Katie Kirkpatrick. Well, what happened to her may not be news to many already because it happened like five years ago. But for me, I didn't know about it. Anyway, I thought it will be a good reflection for me whetever I lose sight of the big picture, the most important thing in life, so I put it here in my blog. Not to forget at least a good reflection for all who visit my blog.



The Bride was beautiful post describes nicely what happened to Katie

Cancer had to wait.

21 year-old Katie Kirkpatrick Godwin held off her cancer so she could have her happiest day of her life. She had battle her cancer but it always returned. She had to use an oxygen tank to breath, the pain the back was so strong in broke though the morphine and her organs were shutting down. Yet all this was not able to stop her from marrying Nick Godwin who'd loves her from 11th grade.

Katie got married on January 15, 2005 five days lated she died. That's how love can beat even the toughest sickness


The video is in Spanish I believe. I like it the background music so I choose it over another version in English. Many people blog about her. This particular one may be of interest to you.

masterwordsmith-unplugged: THE SHORT LIFE OF KATIE KIRKPATRICK

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shinelight,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the link.

    Take care and may God bless you in all that you do.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete